Saturday, August 22, 2009

"All mixed up in the wash, Hot water bleeding our colors..."

So tired... yet... so happy. I love my new job. I am excited to go back Tuesday. It seems when work involves something you enjoy, the task appears much easier to endure. For example, cleaning out large, steaming containers of coffee just does not seem like much of a chore to me. On the other hand, getting on your hands and knees to scrub the caked grease from the fry machine at McDonald's... that's gross. Smelling of coffee > Smelling of nasty barely edible food ... The extra money is amazing too. Very happy with everything at the moment. It's also nice to have someone come by just to spend time you with on your 15 min break. I also bought a Christmas gift for my big ol' brother during my break at the antique store. I was happy to stumble upon it! I hope everyone has/or will experience a job or occupation that gives you a similar comfort. It's awesome.

School starts Monday... very anxious! I feel everything is in order and I'm on the right track!

Hope to be blogging on a regular basis. I feel I get things off my chest whether anyone reads this or not.

☮♥ Currently listening to: "Hang Me Up To Dry" by Cold War Kids

6 comments:

  1. Hells yes to Cold War Kids!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not listened to Cold War Kids. What bands are they like?

    I'm listening to Angels & Airwaves. Good stuff.

    Enjoyed your blog post. Can't wait for more!

    I also can't wait for my mysterious-antique-store-happened-upon Christmas gift.

    Or you could just mail it to me now :)

    love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, also:

    where did you find the inspiration for your name?

    Bam.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Cary... Cold War Kids are very... unique. I haven't heard much like them. I will recommend "Hang Me Up to Dry" and "Hospital Beds". I actually love their whole album "Robbers and Cowards". They opened for Death Cab at the concert I went to. I guess they're getting bigger cause I started listening to them about 4 years ago.

    AND... I would love to send your Christmas gift now, but I'm really trying to break the habit of giving gifts early. c; HAHA

    ALSO... inspiration for my name is a song by Bright Eyes called "Don't Know When But A Day Is Gonna Come". It's not really the songs lyrics that made me consider the name, but I thought the title fit with my life at the moment. There are so many things that it could be referring to in my life that I'm looking forward to (graduation, marriage, moving out, makin' da big bucks, etc). The music to the song I enjoy a lot. The message is questionable. I think Conor Oberst wrote it at a time when he was questioning the existence of God... so I always feel awkward listening to songs like that. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I would blog more often. Although usually I don't have much to say.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that song, by the way. =D I'm a blog addict lately because at my job I just work online all day. It's boring sometimes, but I love how laid back it is. =D I'm glad you enjoy your job(s) too.

    ReplyDelete